Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I was looking at this photo this morning when I was going thru pictures of cards I had made.  I was looking for some inspiration to make something new this weekend.  I would love to re-create this but it is very time intensive--I think this took several weeks to make.  It is a 3-dimensional merry-go-round card that I made when my boss's first grandchild was born.  It was fun to make and I love the way it came out.  The picture definitely does not do it justice.  It was done from a template but everything was stamped and painted by hand.  People have asked me how much I would charge to make another one and I have never come up with an answer.  Any one have any ideas?  What would you pay for this? It was about 7 inches high and made up of 5 panels that pop out when you open the card.  It was a lot of hard work but also a lot of fun, and well worth the effort.  Maybe I will try "deconstructing" it this weekend and making a card with just one or two panels.  I will post whatever it is I come up with when it is finished.
By the way, the blue piece hanging off the side is a tag with the baby's name, birth date and birth weight on it.  It's kind of hard to tell what it is from the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment