Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tumbled marbles paper

OK so here is the first of my weekly card projects using a new technique every week.  The first picture is of the background paper that  made using a technique called "tumbling marbles".  To make it you need a plastic container with a lid larger than the paper you are going to use.  I used  a white glossy card stock--1/2 a sheet.
Using double sided tape, attach the paper to the underside of the lid of the container.  In the bottom of the container put a few drops of 2 different colors of dye based stamping pad re-inkers.  Put 6 or seven marbles of different sizes into the container.  Replace the lid and roll the marbles around in the ink.  Turn the container over so that the marbles are in contact with the paper you taped to the underside of the lid.  Shake the container vigorously for a few seconds, allowing the marbles to roll over the paper.  Check out the paper--if you want more color add another few drops of ink and do the process again.  for this piece I only did the process twice.  Untape the paper and let it sit and dry.  NOTE--only use a container that you don't want to use for anything else--it will definitely end up an interesting color.
The colors that I used seemed to really lend themselves to a fall theme.  This is the resulting card.
You really could use any color combination for the background and use this for a card for any type of occasion.  I look forward to trying it again with other colors.
Looking at these images I am realizing that I need to invest in a camera to get a better image of my cards.  right now I am just using my scanner and it does not really show the papers the way they really look.  Guess it's time for a shopping trip.  Until then I think I will have my friend Barb (she took the photo of Harpo the Wonder Cat) take pictures of the cards for me.  If I am going to be serious about this blog then I want it to look the best I can make it.  So just hang in there with me til I get a camera---hopefully very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment